What are Ozone Injections?
Ozone injections refer to a medical procedure in which ozone gas is injected into a specific part of the body. Ozone is a highly reactive form of oxygen that consists of three oxygen atoms (O3), as opposed to the usual two atoms found in atmospheric oxygen (O2). It is produced by passing electrical energy through oxygen or by ultraviolet radiation.
Ozone injections have been used in alternative medicine, pain management, and orthopedics. The procedure typically involves withdrawing a small amount of blood from the patient, mixing it with ozone gas, and then injecting the mixture back into the body.
What are the benefits of Ozone Injections?
- Pain relief: Ozone injections can be used as a form of pain management. Ozone can stimulate the release of endorphins, which are natural pain-relieving substances, providing temporary relief from various types of pain.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Ozone possesses anti-inflammatory properties. By reducing inflammation, it can alleviate pain, swelling, and stiffness associated with conditions like osteoarthritis, herniated discs, and joint injuries.
- Improved oxygen utilization: Injecting ozone can enhance the utilization of oxygen in body tissues. This increased oxygenation promotes cellular metabolism and potentially aids in tissue healing and regeneration.
- Antimicrobial activity: Ozone is a potent antimicrobial agent. Ozone injections can help eliminate bacteria, viruses, and fungi, potentially providing benefits in the treatment of certain localized infections or wounds.
- Promotion of tissue regeneration: Ozone Injections suggest that the therapy can stimulate tissue regeneration and repair, supporting the healing process in damaged or injured areas.
How does Houston Regenerative Therapy use Ozone Injections?
Ozone therapy utilized in regenerative medicine as a complementary or alternative treatment approach. Benefits for tissue repair, healing, and regeneration are some of the ways we use ozone at Houston Regenerative Therapy. Here are some ways ozone therapy is applied at HRT:
Joint conditions and musculoskeletal pain: Ozone injections can be administered directly into joints, such as knees, hips, or shoulders, to address conditions like osteoarthritis, tendinitis, or ligament injuries
Disc herniation: Ozone injections can also be used in the treatment of herniated discs. The procedure is often referred to as ozone disc injection or ozone disc nucleolysis.
Schedule A Free Consultation
It all starts with a free, complimentary consultation. Please don’t hesitate to call. We are eager to answer your questions and regain your quality of life back.